Thursday, January 20, 2011

Yesterday, after waking up in my motel room I checked up on the last post and saw Jack's reply.
I thought I replied to it, but it seems now, that I didn't. I chcecked out and fired up the Nova to head to Denver. I took north, to get to the i70, but the trip too long. I noticed the scenery repeating itself quite literally and I was alone on the road.
On instinct I did a 180 and accelerated. I saw the motel. I had to...I knew I had to check it out, that something was wrong.
Then he appeared in the middle of the road, and I remember feeling fucking stupid for not noticing him earlier.
I barely had time to react and highly doubting that ramming him head on would do anything significant I managed to turn the car 90 degrees and ram him with the passenger side. The surface that hit him dented heavily, as if running into a steel bar. The following few seconds were a blur, but I took the old geezer's sledgehammer from the back seat, unbuckled and tumbled out of the car, standing up just as he was approaching me.
"I'm not coming in quietly!" I growled, swinging the hammer and bringing it down on his head and crushing it...

And then I woke up in the driver's seat of my (the old man's?) undamaged Chevrolet Nova with the hammer in my lap. The car was standing in a parking lot of some small town mall and judging by how busy the place was it was late afternoon or early evening (damn you, early dark hours).
It took me a while to get my bearings and I'm currently leaving Topeka and heading for Denver.
I hope I can be of help.

See ya, guys.
-Pete

P.S. Damn, I really need a shave and a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment